You might wondering how to train easy and basic dog commands to your dog. It really easy and you don’t have to be a master to train your dog. You can do it from home in a few days. I’ll show you step by step procedure training 5 easy and basic commands for dogs.
Create relationship between you and your dog
Before starting the training it is very much necessary to create an understanding between you and your dog. You should know how your dog feels and approach this way. If you can teach him in a playing mood then your dog will learn faster.
You shouldn’t push it hard, slowly teach your dog. Let’s start.
Basic commands for dogs
Here is the list of 5 easy and basic commands for dogs.
Train your dog to Sit
Training your dog to sit is the easiest method among above 5 commands. But this command is very useful because once your dog starts sitting on command then you can teach him more self control. For an example if the doors are open your dog can easily learn that then he can’t go outside.
Here is 7 training steps to teach your dog to sit:
- Get down to your dog’s eye level
- Hold a treat close to his nose and move upwards
- This will make your dog to lower his but
- And when moving the treat say sit
- When your dog sits perfectly then praise him
- Repeat this process several times everyday
- Don’t forget to say sit command during the procedure
Train your dog to come
Just imagine you are calling your pet to come over you and your dog is running towards you to get a hug. Isn’t it beautiful? To get this result you have to teach your dog “come” command.
Here is the steps to teach your dog “come” command:
- Put a collar on your dog’s neck and clip a line
- Holding the line, try to walk
- Your dog will move with you too, and soon he’ll realize that you two are connected
- Sometimes try to go backward to teach your dog to follow you
- After few days add the command word “come” when you are walking
You can check out this “come” command teaching video on youtube.
How you’ll train your dog to stay
Sometimes you might want your dog stay calm and don’t move from it’s place. You can easily teach this to your dog just teaching him the stay command.
Steps to teach stay command:
- Put a leash and command your dog to sit in front of you
- Show your palm to command him stay
- Then you start moving
- If your dog stay at the same place then praise him
- If he try to move create a sound like “no no no no ” or “uh uh”
- Repeat this process everyday
Down command training
- Hold a tasty treat in your hand and close your hand
- Let your dog feel the treat
- Then closing your hand put over your dog’s muzzle
- Now move your hand towards floor, your dog’s mouth will follow
- Now move your hand, your dog’s body will be lower
- Finally give the treat to your dog to eat
- Repeat this process everyday
Train your dog to walk on leash
During the sit and come command your dog already get familiar with leash. But now time to teach him walk beside you gently.
- Attach his leash to his collar
- Holding treats and leash in your hand try to walk
- Forwarding your left foot signal your dog to follow
- If he succeed then give him a treat and praise
- If he go forward than you, then stop until leash tension make him turn around
- When he turn around praise him
- Repeat the procedure to teach him perfectly
You see teaching your dog is not rocket science. I hope you understand every step. Repeat these training everyday. Remember training will make your dog more obedient.